Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Patriotic Picnic Party!

As promised for a while now, I said I would put up pictures of Lamar's 2 Birthday!
I want to thank everyone who reads my blog that was part of our celebration! I also want to thank my family and friends who helped on the day of! Everyone added a little something, and everything turned out perfect! It was super hot that day, close to 100ºF, and not a cloud in the sky!
I began to get ready with a week in advance, I didn't want to feel rushed or pressured putting everything together last minute. I made the center pieces from recycled glass jars and candle holder. I decorated them with red gingham patern cupcake cups, decorative rocks, scented candles, and ribbon. I added a "2" and and his name on some of them with glitter glue pens in red, silver, or gold..they turned out really neat and inexpensive!
I finished cooking the morning of the party, I made veggie tri-color pasta with fresh veggies and Italian dressing, fresh garden salad, potato and egg salad, corn on the cob and baked beans, mostaccioli, and the grill was going with hot dogs and burgers. Chips were put out on the tables in food baskets and salsa in toy sand buckets with a shovel for spoon. All tables had the picnic red gingham table cover, and a hand made birthday banner was put up; but eventually was blown off by a strong gust of wind... the banner didn't make it, lol but next time I'll know not to use my kids roll of paper from their coloring easel.
For fun the kids had a bounce house/ moon jump house to play in all day, they pulled eachother on he wagon, they had balls to play with, water balloons, and finally a piñata filled with cady to bust open!
For dessert and sweet treats I had red, white, and blue cupcakes instead of cake. They were store bought, but I added my special pin-wheel decorations that turned with the wind, they looked amazing when they were all on the table and the pin-wheels were turning on them! What I did make, were carmel cover apples in cinnamon, and chocolate flavor covered in nuts, chocolate covered strawberries decorated with white icing, trail mix in a snack size plastic bags, and chocolate covered pretzel rods decorated in red, white, and blue sprinkles! I kept everything refrigerated untill it was time to enjoy them, I ddin't get to display them as neat as I wanted to or take amazing display pictures because the chocolate was melting and FAST! lol
My kids had an awesome time and I enjoyed putting everything together! It was a 2nd Birthday to remember for my family and I.
Right now, I am still working on our Appreciation Picnic for work that is coming up pretty soon, Fouth of July, then I have a two week vacation I am looking forward to, and our son's baptism is also coming up! I'm thinking of favors to make right now.... I'll see what I come up, but I will deffinately let everyone know what I came up with!
Everyone take care, god bless, and stay cool from the heat! Please check out the pictures below and let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Ady Nuñez

No comments:

Post a Comment